Justice Without Borders (JWB) is recruiting an experienced professional on communications and operations to be in charge of the organization’s activities on those fields. The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years’ experiences in handling communications and public relations activities as well as strong capacities in managing financial and administrative aspects of an organization.
Justice Without Borders is a dynamic and growing regional not-for-profit organisation that works to enable access to just compensation for victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking, even after they return home. Focusing on key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, JWB develops the networks, knowledge and knowhow needed to make access to justice a reality for migrant workers, no matter where they happen to be. In Indonesia, we work with grassroots organisations to support migrant workers’ cross-border claims and to build these organizations’ casework capacities. Learn more at http://www.forjusticewithoutborders.org.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing PR-related activities in Indonesia: creating content related to our programmatic work, graphic designing managing social media, translation, and generally helping to raise JWB’s profile in Indonesia.
- Outreach activities: Reaching out to various Indonesian stakeholders, including the private sector, universities, grassroots organizations, governmental entities, and potential funders. Goals include expanding relationships, knowledge sharing, and enhancing visibility.
- Awareness raising: Support in public-facing managing awareness raising, including technical support in content development, dissemination strategy, coordination with partners, and developing best practices.
- Managing operational and administration processes: including data management, grant reporting, and financial reporting.
- Case management support: including interviewing clients and assisting other JWB offices in Hong Kong and Singapore, as
- Other relevant and reasonable tasks as needed.
TERMS OF WORK:
1 September 2019 – 31 August 2020. The position will be assessed for an extension midway through the contract.
Location : Depok, with occasional need to travel to other parts of Indonesia
Weekly hours: Full-time, work is based around an 8-hour day.
Reporting to: Head of Office, Indonesia
Remuneration: Competitive local NGO salary depending on experience.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Based in and eligible to work in Indonesia.
- University or relevant technical degree in social sciences or communications sciences ; 3-5 years communications/program management experience strongly preferred.
- Native/near-native Bahasa Indonesia speaker
- Fluent in English, with strong writing, communications, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can work well in an international/intercultural environment.
- Exceptional team attitude and desire to work as part of a team
- Interest in being part of an innovative, start-up non-profit team that is unique in the region, and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and able to follow through on tasks and responsibilities independently.
Candidates who have the following preferred qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Previous experience working with NGOs.
- Relevant experience in migrant worker issues or related fields.
- Graphic design skills, particularly Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Corel Draw.
- Experience in managing and undertaking administrative and financial tasks.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and writing sample no later than 4 August 2019 to: email@example.com