Justice Without Borders (JWB) is accepting applications for a full-time/part-time PR volunteer (21 – 35 hours work-week) in Singapore from 9 December 2019 – 10 January 2020. Applications close on 31 October 2019.
Job Description: The PR Volunteers will assist with copywriting, visual communications, designing corporate collaterals, story-boarding, photo/video shooting and editing. They will also provide support in strategic research and content development/management for JWB’s public relations, social media platforms and digital assets. Work also includes supporting other projects, including grant research, fundraising, event management, administration and supporting out staff generally. The PR Volunteer will gain hands-on experience in public relations and work alongside other JWB Fellows, volunteers and staff across the region.
This is a professional engagement with PR Volunteers treated as junior staff in the organisation. While experience with migrant worker issues is an advantage, it is not required. We are looking for people who are passionate about social justice, are self-motivated, resourceful, able to work in a team and not afraid to take on new challenges outside their comfort zone.
ABOUT JUSTICE WITHOUT BORDERS
Justice Without Borders (JWB) is a regional charity that supports victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking in seeking civil compensation against their abusers, even after returning home. Our offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia are developing the networks, knowledge and know-how needed for cross-border civil litigation, so that migrant workers can access justice wherever they are.
In Singapore, JWB works with migrant aid organisations and lawyers. Most clients are low-wage migrant domestic workers from Indonesia or the Philippines who have been exploited or abused by employers or employment agencies in Hong Kong or Singapore. Many of these workers face pressure to return home, where they encounter enormous difficulties pursuing civil claims across borders
Full-time/Part-time position from 9 Dec 2019 to 10 Jan 2020.
21 – 35 hours per week. This is an unpaid role.
Please indicate your period of availability in your application.
JWB’s office is at 16 Kallang Place, near Bendemeer MRT.
* Skills or interest in visual communications, such as graphic design, videography, photo editing and branding.
* Fluency in English, with strong written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to work well in a team, managing tasks assigned to the entire group.
* Strong organisational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines.
* Resourceful, self-directed, ability to take initiative and actively address issues that come up in the flow of work.
* Have their own laptop with Microsoft Office products and ability to communicate via web applications (email, calendar) throughout the day.
* Professional. JWB treats its PR Volunteers as professionals and entrusts high levels of responsibility in them accordingly.
* Interest in NGO work.
Please submit a one-page cover letter, CV and a writing sample of no more than ten (10) pages to email@example.com.
Applications close on 31 October 2019.
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will take place between 1 – 8 November 2019. Questions about the role? E-mail us today.