Justice Without Borders (JWB) is a regional NGO supporting migrant worker victims in seeking compensation against abusers. JWB develops the networks, knowledge, and know-how needed to make access to justice a reality for migrant workers, no matter where they happen to be. JWB has offices in Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. JWB Indonesia’s main function is to work with grassroots organizations on Indonesian migrant workers’ cases.
Legal fellows will engage in legal projects, public relations, and operations. Fellows will also gain hands-on experience in :
• Fact-finding skills.
• Managing real migrant cases
• Practicing skills and experience (most of our cases are in jurisdictions outside of Indonesia)
• Working with legal practitioners from Singapore and Hong Kong
Requirements for prospective Fellows:
• Part-time, 14 hours per week
• Law students are preferred and strongly encouraged to apply
• Fluency in English, with strong written and verbal skills
• Able to work with teams
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work with multiple tasks and deadlines
• Interest and skills in translation between English and Bahasa is mandatory
• Graphic design, photography, and videography skills are a plus
• Fellows are required to bring/use their own laptop during the fellowship program
This is an unpaid fellowship and is fully operated on a voluntary basis.
To apply please send your CV and an English writing sample of no more than 10 pages to email@example.com before October 20, 2021, 6 PM.