Are you passionate about growing support for a good cause? Come Join us as our Partnerships Lead!
Justice Without Borders (JWB) seeks a Partnerships Lead to join its team in either Singapore or Hong Kong. Working with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and staff, the position will develop and execute plans to develop our relationships with organizations who engage with our cause by providing pro bono service providers and funding for our mission to help migrant domestic workers across South East Asia.
ABOUT JUSTICE WITHOUT BORDERS
We are a regional not-for-profit organisation that works to enable access to justice for migrant domestic workers who are victims of labour exploitation, even after they return home. In just ten years, we have been able to achieve ground-breaking results for those who need help the most.
Focusing on key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, our work includes legal support for clients (including litigation and research), training for community organisations on the ground, and network building that brings together pro bono law firms and community service organizations. Our work is aimed at building access to justice for migrant domestic workers, no matter where they happen to be.
We can offer the right person a warm, collaborative environment working with a diverse team across Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore. We are a small organization of 12 professionals with a group of amazing volunteers and legal fellows. We put our beneficiaries at the heart of our work and we are constantly inspired by the support we receive from our long-term partners, whether they are law firms, front-line organizations, NGOs or philanthropic organizations. We are committed to continuous learning. We aim to be in the office two days per week, remote working is an option on other days.
Work as a member of our Senior Management Team to implement and develop our partnerships strategy. This includes:
- Developing a strategy and mindset within the team to work with partners for the long term who engage with our mission in a way that allows us to continue to fulfil our mission
- Building out our understanding of the needs of our partners and strategies to optimize the connections between pro bono services and funding decisions by partners.
- Ensuring that our program of engagement with partners meets their needs
- Building out our annual and long-term plans to meet fundraising needs
- Building a deep understanding of our various fundraising channels including grants, corporate giving and individual donors to build long term partnerships where appropriate and identify and pursue grants where they are a good strategic fit.
- Working closely with our Communications team on messaging and building our brand
- Coaching the Senior Management Team on relationship building and management
Management and Development of Fundraising Team
Building a team of volunteers and to assist in partnership management, fundraising and brand-building, including:
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers who will assist in records management, donor research, proposal development, and other tasks.
- Working with staff and the Board to develop their specific roles in the partnerships strategy.
- Managing and monitoring the team’s partnerships and fundraising workload
Direct Fundraising Work
Directly drive fundraising activities within the strategic plan, including:
- Planning fundraising events
- Developing grant or sponsorship proposals
- Online solicitations
- Individual solicitation targeting with the ED or Board Members as the closers
- Lead generation
Maintain and further develop the organisation’s fundraising infrastructure, including:
- Ensuring partnership records are complete, securely stored and up to date
- Generating reports for the ED and Board
- Ensure communications with partners and grantors are appropriate, authentic, on-time and meaningful
- Developing the tools needed to efficiently manage the partnerships activities
- Based in either Singapore or Hong Kong—Candidates must have legal right to work locally. We cannot offer visa sponsorship
- Background in either nonprofit fundraising, business development, marketing or sales
- Passion for, and commitment to, social justice
- Fluent in English with excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong grasp of communications platforms and both Google apps and Microsoft apps
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strategic planning
- Project and time management skills
- Self-driven, with the ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Able to adapt to the unexpected and seek solutions
- Detail-oriented, comfortable with getting into the details as well as the big picture
- Team player and desire to work as part of an international team from a variety of cultures
- Willingness to learn and to go beyond one’s comfort zone
- Willingness to coach and pass on skills as well as a need for continuous learning and improvement
Desirable Experience (but not essential)
- Experience working in NGO/not-for-profit mission-driven organisations
- Experience with migrant worker issues
- Knowledge of Chinese or Bahasa
TERMS OF THE POSITION
- Full-time position
- Salary range monthly: Singapore: $5,000-$5,800 SGD / Hong Kong: 30,000 – 33,800 HKD
- To start as soon as possible
- JWB is an equal-opportunity employer. We aim to find colleagues with the motivation, experience, and competencies to help us give our very best in the interest of migrant workers across the region.
HOW TO APPLY