ARE YOU A TALENTED COMMUNICATOR KEEN TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE?
Justice Without Borders (JWB) seeks a part-time (20hr/week) Public Relations Lead to join its team. This person will manage JWB’s regional public relations across our small organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to put your PR skills to a good cause alongside a dynamic team across three countries. Professional development opportunities available as well.
ABOUT JUSTICE WITHOUT BORDERS
We are a regional not-for-profit organisation that works to enable access to justice for victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking, even after they return home. In just seven years, we have been able to achieve groundbreaking results for those who need help the most. As demand for our work grows, we are looking to expand our team to answer the growing needs of the migrant workers we support.
Focusing on key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, our work includes legal support for clients (including litigation and research), capacity building for community organisations on the ground, and network building that brings together pro bono law firms and community service organizations. Our work is all aimed at building access to justice that is efficient, effective and affordable for migrant workers, no matter where they happen to be. Learn more at www.forjusticewithoutborders.org.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PR Strategic Planning
- Developing messaging for our priority stakeholder groups.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop an annual PR strategic plan.
Manage JWB’s public-facing content with the help of volunteers, including:
- Annual Report
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- JWB’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn)
- JWB’s website
- Press releases
- PR & Marketing collaterals including posters, brochures, banners, infographics, videos etc.
Serve as the first point of contact for our very occasional media enquiries, including:
- Handing general media inquiries
- Setting up interviews with media outlets as the opportunities arise
- Preparing spokespersons for media engagements
Manage and coordinate one part-time junior PR person and volunteers, including:
- Guiding Indonesia-based PR staff on Indonesia-related PR work.
- Recruiting and supervising PR volunteers, including university PR Fellows and experienced professionals who donate their time to JWB.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the PR sector, preferably at regional level
- Full fluency in English
- Strong writing background
- Eligible to work in your country of residence – those requiring visa sponsorship are not eligible
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Have effective project and time management skills. Be conscientious. Self-directed and able to follow through on tasks and responsibilities diligently, correctly and independently
- Exhibit leadership/management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate with different stakeholders
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE (BUT NOT CRITICAL)
- Savvy with digital media (especially for social media)
- Have worked with other cultures, especially Indonesia
- Have worked in NGO/not-for-profit mission-driven organisations
- Experience with migrant worker issues
- Worked with growing organisations (we are a team of 11.5 full-time staff)
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Fluency in spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog or Cantonese
TERMS OF THE POSITION
- Part-time position, with potential to grow in future years as funding and needs allow
- Salary range: 2,000 – 2,400 SGD, depending on experience level
- Professional development and paid time off available
- Aiming to fill the position as soon as we’ve found the right candidate
- JWB is an equal opportunity employer. We prioritise finding colleagues with the motivation, experience and competencies to help us give our very best in the interest of migrant workers across the region.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, CV and writing sample to Douglas MacLean, Executive Director, via the link below.